Mini MBA For-Credit Graduate Certificate With a Specialization in Accounting
You know your numbers. But you also know that to get ahead, you need more than just accounting acumen. Today, business leaders and those that aspire to join them need to possess knowledge outside of their conventional skill set. A Mini MBA For-Credit Graduate Certificate with a specialization in Accounting may be just what you need to get ahead in this increasingly competitive economy. With the Bureau of Labor Statistics estimating employment of accountants and auditors to grow by 22% percent through 2018 – much faster than the average for all occupations – there’s no better time to attain this prestigious credential. Earning a Mini MBA demonstrates to employers a commitment to your career, while providing a strong foundation of core business principles from management to marketing, along with advanced accounting knowledge. And, unlike some accounting certificate programs, you’ll master the same curricula as graduate-level students, completing your studies in as little as eight months – 100% online.
Apply Real-World Skills Beyond the Classroom
When you invest in your future, you expect returns. That's why Florida Tech's Mini MBA programs are designed to give you knowledge and skills that you can put to use immediately on the job. At the core of the curriculum is a comprehensive, two-course sequence, Essentials of Business Development 1 and 2.
These initial courses, led by expert faculty, culminate in your own fully integrated business plan. You’ll have the opportunity to choose your business and progressively bring your plan to fruition through critical business concepts, from accounting and finance to economics and marketing. You’ll gain new insights into real business situations by actively engaging in case study analysis and exercising leadership and teamwork skills. From there, you’ll delve deeper into your accounting focus, from managerial accounting to cost management.
Don’t just get an accounting certificate – get a Mini MBA with a specialization in Accounting, 100% online. Click here to learn more about Florida Tech’s Mini MBA curriculum and to view course descriptions.
Learn How to:
- Integrate concepts, methods and models from all key business disciplines (accounting, economics, marketing, statistics, management, finance and law) into a full business plan tailored to your interests and ambitions
- Apply modern theories of successful leadership, management and negotiation while problem solving in the face of uncertainty
- Formulate major plans and policies by applying decision and control models
- Manage cost-volume-profit relationships, flexible budgets and standards, and cost allocation and accumulation
- Synthesize conflicting points of view through active case discussion
- Properly evaluate a business unit by measuring ROI, residual income and economic value added factors
How You’ll Benefit From a Mini MBA For-Credit Graduate Certificate With a Specialization in Accounting
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of high-level business concepts needed for management and leadership positions
- Revitalize your resume and stand apart from those with only a bachelor’s degree
- Increase your career opportunities, confidence and financial security
- Gain skills you can apply immediately in the workplace
- Qualify to take the CPA exam or other accounting industry credentials*
- Satisfy CPA continuing education requirements*
- Use your Mini MBA credits toward a Florida Tech MBA in the future
* Check your state board of accountancy for qualifications and requirements at www.aicpa.org/yellow/ypsboa.htm.
Who Should Enroll
The Mini MBA is designed to expose you to a variety of subjects pertaining to business, from management to marketing, finance to economics. Students will begin to see the “bigger picture,” gaining an appreciation of how all operations within a company work together to accomplish a common goal. Students will also master managerial accounting and strategic cost management.
If you’re ready to explore new career paths or move up from your current position by gaining a broader business perspective, this dynamic program can help get you there. These graduate-level courses (the same studied by students pursuing their MBA) demonstrate your desire to succeed, and provide skills that are highly sought-after by a number of professionals, including:
- Certified Public Accountants looking to further their education, provide more value to their clients and satisfy CPE requirements
- Staff Accountants, Auditors and Analysts eyeing senior-level positions within their company or firm
- Other Business Professionals looking to gain a broader perspective or enter the accounting field
- Business Owners/Entrepreneurs needing to increase their skills and understanding of accounting