Mini MBA For-Credit Graduate Certificate With a Specialization in Finance
In today’s uncertain economic environment, with global markets and international business changing all the rules, it takes more than just financial finesse to stay on top and out of the red. To be successful, it is vital that business leaders – and those that aspire to join them – possess knowledge outside of their conventional skill set. The Bureau of Labor Statistics is projecting rapid, above average growth through 2018 for many financial positions, including 20% for analysts and 30% for advisors; however, they also expect competition for these jobs to be intense. A Mini MBA For-Credit Graduate Certificate with a specialization in Finance may be just what you need to set yourself apart and position yourself for advancement. By attaining this prestigious credential, you’ll be showing employers that you’re committed to your career and to expanding your knowledge. Not only does the Mini MBA program provide specialized courses in finance, it also gives you a strong foundation of core business principles, from management to marketing, accounting to economics. And, unlike some finance certificate programs, you’ll master the same curricula as graduate-level students, completing your studies in as little as eight months – 100% online.
Apply Real-World Skills Beyond the Classroom
When you invest in your future, you expect returns. That’s why Florida Tech’s Mini MBA programs are designed to give you knowledge and skills that you can put to use immediately on the job. At the core of the curriculum is a comprehensive, two-course sequence, Essentials of Business Development 1 and 2.
These initial courses, led by expert faculty, culminate in your own fully integrated business plan. You’ll have the opportunity to choose your business and progressively bring your plan to fruition through critical business concepts from accounting and finance to economics and marketing. You’ll gain new insights into real business situations by actively engaging in case study analysis and exercising leadership and teamwork skills. From there, you’ll delve deeper into your finance focus, from financial management to investment.
Don’t just get a finance certificate – get a Mini MBA with a specialization in Finance, 100% online. Click here to learn more about Florida Tech’s Mini MBA curriculum and to view course descriptions.
Learn How to:
- Integrate concepts, methods and models from all key business disciplines (accounting, economics, marketing, statistics, management, finance and law) into a full business plan tailored to your interests and ambitions
- Apply modern theories of successful leadership, management and negotiation while problem solving in the face of uncertainty
- Use the concept and tools of corporate financial management and planning, including capital budgeting, capital structure and net working capital, while taking ethical factors into consideration
- Synthesize conflicting points of view through active case discussion
- Allocate portfolio assets while calculating expected return and standard deviation
- Develop sound investment policies and strategies by employing proven concepts, theories and techniques
How You’ll Benefit From a Mini MBA For-Credit Graduate Certificate With a Specialization in Finance
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and a mastery of high-level concepts needed for management and leadership positions
- Revitalize your resume and stand apart from those with only a bachelor’s degree
- Increase your marketing career opportunities, confidence and financial security
- Gain skills you can apply immediately in the workplace
- Use your Mini MBA credits toward a Florida Tech MBA in the future
Who Should Enroll
The Mini MBA is designed to expose you to a variety of subjects pertaining to business, from management to marketing, accounting to economics. Students will begin to see the “bigger picture,” gaining an appreciation of how all operations within a company work together to accomplish a common goal. Students will also master financial management, and will select an additional course of study in investment management or financial policy.
If you’re ready to explore new career paths or move up from your current position by gaining a broader business perspective, this dynamic program can help get you there. These graduate-level courses (the same studied by students pursuing their MBA) demonstrate your desire to succeed, and provide skills that are highly sought-after by a number of professionals, including:
- Financial Managers, Analysts and Advisors with a desire to get ahead in their field
- Other Business Professionals looking to gain a broader perspective or enter the financial field
- Staff Accountants wanting to increase their value to their company
- Business Owners/Entrepreneurs needing to increase their business skills and their understanding of financial matters