Mini MBA For-Credit Graduate Certificate With a Specialization in Healthcare Management
From reform to repeal, how it is delivered to how it is financed, healthcare is one of today’s most critical issues. The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates growth of 16% in healthcare management through 2018, and expects employment opportunities to be very good – especially for those with strong business management skills. That’s exactly what you’ll receive when you enroll in Florida Tech’s Mini MBA For-Credit Graduate Certificate with a specialization in Healthcare Management. This career-building credential combines a foundation of advanced business principles that every successful leader must know, along with specialized courses in healthcare management; it shows employers that you’re committed to your career and can position you for advancement. And, unlike other healthcare management certificates, you’ll master the same curricula as graduate-level students, completing your studies in as little as eight months – 100% online.
Apply Real-World Skills Beyond the Classroom
When you invest in your future, you expect returns. That’s why Florida Tech’s Mini MBA programs are designed to give you knowledge and skills you can put to use immediately on the job. At the core of the curriculum is a comprehensive, two-course sequence, Essentials of Business Development 1 and 2.
These initial courses, led by expert faculty, culminate in your own fully integrated business plan. You’ll have the opportunity to choose your business and progressively bring your plan to fruition through critical business concepts from accounting and finance to economics and marketing. You’ll gain new insights into real business situations by actively engaging in case study analysis and exercising leadership and teamwork skills. From there, you’ll delve deeper into your healthcare management focus, from policy to planning and marketing.
Don’t just get a hospital management or health management certificate – get a Mini MBA with a specialization in Healthcare Management, 100% online. Click here to learn more about Florida Tech’s Mini MBA curriculum and to view course descriptions.
Learn How to:
- Integrate concepts, methods and models from all key business disciplines (accounting, economics, marketing, statistics, management, finance and law) into a full business plan tailored to your interests and ambitions
- Apply modern theories of successful leadership, management and negotiation while problem solving in the face of uncertainty
- Manage policy initiatives while gaining an understanding on the role of government, the private sector, consumers and advocacy groups in setting them
- Evaluate market areas and media options, develop marketing strategies and techniques, and employ best practices for the promotion of healthcare products or services
- Synthesize conflicting points of view through active case discussion
- Assemble a needs assessment team and operate effectively within healthcare planning regulations
- Analyze and research trends to determine the community needs in both ambulatory and clinical settings
How You’ll Benefit From a Mini MBA With a Specialization in Healthcare Management
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of high-level business concepts needed for management and leadership positions
- Revitalize your resume and stand apart from those with only a bachelor’s degree
- Increase your career opportunities, confidence and financial security
- Gain skills you can apply immediately in the workplace
- Use your Mini MBA credits toward a Florida Tech MBA in the future
Who Should Enroll
The Mini MBA is designed to expose you to a variety of subjects pertaining to business, from management to marketing, finance to economics. Students will begin to see the “bigger picture,” gaining an appreciation of how all operations within a healthcare facility work together to accomplish a common goal. Students will also gain an understanding of healthcare policy and regulations while mastering the marketing and planning process.
If you’re ready to explore new career paths or move up from your current position by gaining a broader business perspective, this dynamic program can help get you there. These graduate-level courses (the same studied by students pursuing their MBA) demonstrate your desire to succeed, and provide skills that are highly sought-after for by a number of professionals, including:
- Healthcare Managers eyeing director-level positions
- Clinical Managers looking to gain knowledge outside their specific area of expertise
- Assistant Administrators seeking management positions
- Healthcare Management Consultants wanting to expand their value to clients
- Other Healthcare Professionals looking to gain a broader business perspective