Bienvenido, Bienvenue, Boas Vindas, Benvenuto, Willkommen! Добро Пожаловать! Welcome International Students!
Florida Tech University Online is pleased to accept international students into undergraduate and graduate programs online.* You are invited to enjoy the benefits of earning your degree or Mini MBA For-Credit Graduate Certificate from an accredited U.S.-based university without leaving the comfort of your home. When applying to a Florida Tech undergraduate or graduate program, an international applicant is defined as any non-U.S. citizen or any U.S. citizen whose high school degree, undergraduate degree or undergraduate course work was earned outside of the U.S. All specified application items are to be submitted to Florida Tech in care of the University Alliance at the address specified below.
International students are required to have all documents and credentials submitted to Florida Tech. Florida Tech recognizes international diplomas and credits taken at accredited secondary and post-secondary institutions once all appropriate official documentation and credentials are received and translated (where necessary). Credit is granted in accordance with the National Association of Foreign Student Advisors (NAFSA) and the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO). Students presenting diplomas indicating academic work beyond the high school level will have academic work evaluated by the Office of Online Learning with oversight by the Office of the Registrar. The Registrar will determine the exact number and nature of courses granted once the international evaluation is received.
Students who are not native speakers of English must demonstrate English language proficiency. Students who are active-duty U.S. military officers from Puerto Rico are exempt from this requirement.
International candidates must prove English language proficiency by at least one of the following:
- A minimum score 550 (paper based) or 213 (computer based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or a score of at least a 79 on the Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) or a score of at least 6.5 on the IELTS, earned no more than two years before attendance at Florida Tech
- Attended for three consecutive years and graduation from an accredited or state-approved mainland U.S. high school where English is the language of instruction
- Successful completion of a total of 20 semester hours at a regionally accredited, mainland U.S. university or college where English is the language of instruction, including three semester hours of English that qualify as transfer credit for Florida Tech’s Composition and Rhetoric (COM 1101) course
- Successful completion of a NASFA-recognized ESL program
Application Procedure for International Students
International students are required to submit the following items in order to apply for admission:
- Completed application (no application fee required).
- Original international evaluation from an approved international evaluation agency (please see list of approved evaluators below). Graduate applicants only.
- Proof of English language proficiency (if applicable, see Demonstrating English Language Proficiency).
After your transcript(s) have been evaluated, send official documents with admissions papers to:
9417 Princess Palm Avenue
Tampa, FL 33619
International: 1 813-612-5306
If you are an international student who has earned college or university credit outside of the United States, you may apply for admittance to Florida Tech by having all of your non-U.S. transcripts evaluated by one of the following credentialed agencies:
World Education Services
Office of International Education Services
Educational Credentials Evaluators
* Florida Tech University Online does not provide any kind of assistance in obtaining student visas or in translating documents.