Bachelor of Arts in Accounting Degree
As new businesses emerge and financial laws change, demand for professionals with an accounting degree is expected to continue to grow. If you’re good with numbers and enjoy working with people, this online accounting degree is the one for you. Florida Tech's Bachelor’s of Arts in Accounting degree prepares you for a career in financial, managerial and cost accounting, tax planning, auditing, international accounting, and accounting for mergers and acquisitions. As a graduate, you could pursue a career in either public or private accounting (profit and not-for-profit) or in the government. This BA Accounting degree also establishes a foundation for becoming a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA). To ensure a complete education, our Florida Tech University Online accounting degree program is structured from a broad-based liberal arts foundation to a career-specific business concentration.
Learn How to
- Establish an accounting information system
- Practice the fundamentals of cost accounting
- Maintain current accounting standards of financial accounting
- Incorporate principles and procedures of internal and public auditing
How You’ll Benefit From a BA Accounting Degree
- Learn the practical application of tax laws including tax return preparation and tax research.
- Understand accounting principles for partnerships, mergers, acquisitions and consolidations.
- Investigate corporate taxation and trust and estate tax.
- Gain skills you can apply immediately in the workplace.
Who Should Enroll
This online accounting degree is designed to expose you to a wide variety of accounting principles including information systems, auditing, and individual and corporate federal income tax. Anyone who wishes to work in the field of accounting will benefit.
Take the first step toward earning your BA Accounting degree with Florida Tech's online Quick Apply process.
Careers in Accounting
As a BA Accounting degree holder, you'll be a stronger candidate for jobs and promotions — and you’ll find a wide variety of accounting career paths. A Bachelor's of Arts in Accounting degree is valued by many employers — even more so in recent years due to stricter accounting practices. It’s highly sought after for a number of careers in accounting including: