Military Undergraduate Programs
Florida Tech Salutes the Military
Florida Tech’s 100% online degree programs offer the convenience and flexibility to study online anytime, anywhere and still meet military service obligations. Whether you're on foreign soil or somewhere closer to home – a veteran, in the reserves or currently serving on active duty – Florida Tech University Online salutes your service and strives to help you take advantage of all your military educational programs and benefits. These include tuition assistance, the G.I. Bill®, college fund programs, loan repayment and veterans’ benefits. In addition, Florida Tech University Online is proud to offer active-duty servicemembers and their spouses special military tuition discount rates.
Position Yourself for Success – Whether You Stay In or Separate From the Service!
In DOD Instruction 1322.25 issued in March of 2011, the Department of Defense recognized the role of education in cultivating a career, stating that education is important for servicemembers looking to achieve opportunities for advancement and leadership. Florida Tech University Online allows you to further your education while continuing to serve your country. Undergraduate degrees are offered 100% online, and since no classroom attendance is ever required, your studies never have to interfere with your duty schedule. What’s more, there is no application fee.
Online Degree Programs for Military Personnel
Florida Tech University Online is a leader in multimedia undergraduate and graduate online degree programs for military servicemembers, as well as one of the leading participants in the Army Continuing Education System — GoArmyEd.com. In addition, as a member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) Consortium, Florida Tech’s online degree programs can also be found on the United States Marine Corps Academic Explorer and the United States Air Force portal. Take a look at some of the advantages you will have as a servicemember and an online student at Florida Tech:
- Special Military Tuition Rates. Florida Tech University Online is proud to offer a special rate of $250 per credit hour for Active Duty, Selected Reserves, National Guard servicemembers and their spouses. Veterans and their spouses as well as dependents of deceased or disables veterans are eligible for a 10% discount on undergraduate tuition rates. If you are an active-duty servicemember, please verify with your ESO to be sure your TA policies have not recently changed. Based on the majority of the current TA policies, the military tuition rates combined with military tuition assistance could leave you paying $0 out-of-pocket for your undergraduate tuition. Spouses of active-duty servicemembers are eligible for the Military Spouse Appreciation Rate ($250 per credit hour) for Florida Tech undergraduate degree programs.
- Uninterrupted Study. Never again will a military assignment or transfer force you to halt your online military degree studies or military career advancement.
- Study Anytime. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week — anywhere in the world.
- Exit and Re-enter the Program. Military personnel with temporary duty assignments may exit and re-enter their online degree programs with no penalties.
Military Toll Free Telephone Number: 855-300-1469.
International Telephone Number: 011 1 813-612-5306.
External Military Resources
Obtaining Military Service Transcripts
- Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) - (Air Force)
- Joint Service Transcript - (Army/Navy/Marine Corps/Coast Guard)
*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.