Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
Non-traditional, part-time freshman students entering Florida Tech's online programs will be accepted into associate’s and bachelor’s degree programs. U.S. citizens must have earned a high school diploma or a high school equivalency diploma by the date of first enrollment. They are evaluated using several criteria, high school transcripts being the most important element of the application. Generally applicants must be 22 years old or on active duty in the U.S. military to be accepted. Some exceptions do apply, so please ask your enrollment advisor for further details.
The Following Is a List of Admission Requirements:
- Complete an online application for admissions. Whether you want to apply through Quick Apply, as a full-time student or as a transient student, Florida Tech’s online application is quick and easy, and there is no fee. Simply create an account to securely submit your application and track its progress.
- Provide official documentation of high school graduation or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) if applying with less than 24 semester credit hours completed at an accredited institution.
- Provide official transcripts of all colleges and universities previously attended or presently attending.
- Schools must be listed in chronological order, including dual enrollment.
- All schools must be included, even if a term was not completed.
- Credit hours earned from regionally accredited schools will automatically be evaluated for transfer hours as part of the formal application process. In order for a class to be eligible for transfer, a grade of C or better must have been achieved. (A grade of C- will not be considered for transfer credit.)
- Official records must also be requested for any of the following that have been completed:
- CLEP/Advanced Placement exams
- GED College level examinations
- DANTES, USAFI examinations, Regent Standardized Examinations or other advanced placement examinations
- Diagnostic assessments in both math and English are required to determine the appropriate academic requirements and classes.
- Provide a copy of a DD-214 if you are a separated or retired servicemember. Active-duty members must provide a NOBE DD2384.
- Credits from outside of the United States should be evaluated by an approved agency. See a list of approved evaluating agencies.
- Florida Tech does not give credit for work/life experience.
- A minimum of your last 30 credit hours must be completed with Florida Tech in order to graduate.
University Alliance applicants can avoid delaying their education by registering for up to two eight-week terms only, while their applications are being processed, provided they are citizens or permanent residents of the United States. Students who register prior to admission are not eligible to receive federal student financial aid until they are admitted to the university. Get started with Quick Apply today!