Bachelor’s of Arts in Applied Psychology With a Concentration in Forensic Psychology Degree – The Best of Both Worlds
While earning a Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology with a concentration in Forensic Psychology degree, you will be immersed into two worlds: criminology and psychology. Florida Tech’s Bachelor’s degree in Applied Psychology with a concentration in Forensic Psychology teaches students to investigate the psychological understanding of human behavior and how it applies to legal environments. Throughout this degree program you will examine the fundamental concepts, principles and practices of applied psychology. Also, there is a specific emphasis on the nature of how forensic psychology coincides with law enforcement and our legal system.
Florida Tech’s Bachelor’s degree in Applied Psychology with a concentration in Forensic Psychology is designed to provide a broad knowledge base in the field of applied psychology with an introduction to the practice of psychology in legal contexts. You will also get a taste of other facets involved with psychology, such as:
- Family counseling
- Legal processes
- Criminal behavior
Florida Tech’s Bachelor’s in Applied Psychology With a Concentration in Forensic Psychology Degree Will Teach You How To:
- Recognize the foundations of: probable cause, proper investigative techniques, victimology, policing, courtroom procedures, rules of evidence, criminal and civil issues, search and seizure, and relevant research.
- Identify, understand and develop practical solutions to problems facing today’s organizations.
- Approach human behavior from the perspectives of sociological, psychological, criminological and other interdisciplinary theories.
- Value the complexity and key concepts of sociocultural and international diversity.
You Will Also Benefit From This Degree Program By:
- Discovering various major concepts of applied psychology, including theoretical perspectives, historical trends and empirical findings.
- Examining the basic questions concerning human nature, human behavior, crime and criminality from varying perspectives.
- Understanding decision processes of police officers, prosecutors, defense lawyers, judges and juries.
- Gaining skills you can apply immediately in the workplace.
How Do I Know If This Is the Right Degree for Me?
- Do you enjoy helping others?
- Do you look at crime stories and think about them from a psychological perspective?
- Do you possess compassion even for a criminal?
- Do you want to pursue a degree that will allow you to work in a wide variety of fields?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, a forensic psychology degree may be for you.
Careers That Require a Credential Such as a Forensic Psychology Degree
There are a wide range of job options available for individuals within the forensic psychology realm. These positions are not for the faint at heart. Here are several examples of tasks you may have to perform:
- Getting inside of a criminal’s mind, evaluating and treating them
- Evaluating a criminal’s competency to go on trial
- Working directly with crime victims and sometimes provide psychotherapy
- Providing an expert opinion during a trial
- Consulting on matters such as choosing a jury or profiling a crime
- Researching crimes and why offenders commit them
By earning your undergraduate degree with a concentration in forensic psychology, you will be qualified to start working in the criminal justice field or branch out into positions such as:
- Mental Health and Forensic Services Program Director
- Service Coordinator
- Case Manager
How Will I Benefit From Florida Tech’s BA in Applied Psychology With a Concentration in Forensic Psychology Degree?
By earning an Applied Psychology degree from Florida Tech, you are adding an impressive credential to your résumé. Florida Tech is ranked a Best National University by U.S. News & World Report and is regionally accredited.
As a leading university, Florida Tech is able to provide its students with a variety of benefits, as shown below.
The Bachelor’s in Applied Psychology in Forensic Psychology degree program is available 100% online thanks to a state-of-the-art e-learning system. This e-learning system provides a multimedia environment which will allow you to complete coursework around your own schedule, because online access is available 24/7. In other words, you can take the classroom wherever you have Internet access.
As a Florida Tech student you will have the ability to complete your education while utilizing a variety of multimedia components such as:
- Video-Based Lectures: Pause, rewind and review instructor-led lectures and course materials. These same lectures are also available via CD-ROM.
- MP3 Lectures: Take your classes on the go by downloading weekly lectures to your cell phone or MP3 player.
- Online Message Boards: Communicate openly with classmates and instructors, as well as post work and garner feedback for assignments.
- Live Chat Room: Collaborate in a real-time chat room setting with fellow classmates and faculty through Florida Tech’s virtual office hours.
Other Benefits You May Not Know About:
- No SAT or ACT required
- Earn the same diploma as main-campus students
- Walk at graduation with your class, if you choose
Learn What It Takes to Become a Forensic Psychologist
Generally speaking, forensic psychologists secure the highest level of education. However, in order to earn a doctoral degree, you have to start by earning your undergraduate degree. Take the first step toward entering this exciting career, by earning your Applied Psychology with a concentration in Forensic Psychology degree from Florida Tech, 100% online.
Click here for more information about Florida Tech and how you can earn your Bachelor’s degree. Get started now!
Take the Next Steps
Get our free Florida Tech Online Program Guide or Visit the program pages.