Looking for a healthy way to boost your energy? These trail mix bites will satisfy your sweet tooth and give you a burst of energy in every bite!
In our Study Snacks series, we’re highlighting recipes that can help you power through your homework. Full of energy and nutrients, this recipe will do the trick. The almonds, walnuts and pumpkin seeds provide an excellent source of magnesium, fiber, fat, protein, zinc, manganese, copper and vitamin E. Adding the raisins and dried cranberries, also good sources of energy, completes the nutritional powerhouse. Topping chocolate discs with this tasty trail mix creates a balanced, delicious treat.
Yields two dozen trail mix bites.
- Combine almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, raisins and dried cranberries
- Melt chocolate in the microwave and stir
- Spoon serving-sized discs of chocolate on baking tray
- Place trail mix on top and press into chocolate
- Let set for 30 minutes
- Remove from baking tray and enjoy
Feel free to experiment with different nuts and flavors! Purchasing pre-made trail mix can shorten the process.
Take the Next Steps
Get our free Florida Tech Online Program Guide or Visit the program pages.