Autumn is in the air and we are delighted to embrace all the flavors that come with it! Here in Florida, “fall” typically means temperatures below 80 degrees, so we won’t tell if you enjoy this tasty pumpkin snack while wearing a scarf and cranking the AC.
In our Study Snacks series, we’re highlighting recipes that can help you power through your homework. Combining pumpkin pie spice and a satisfying crunch from the cereal, this is the perfect autumnal treat to snack on as you study. Watch the video below to master this recipe!
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup of butter (melted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups Cinnamon Chex® cereal
- 2 cups Wheat Chex® cereal
- 2 cups Honey Nut Chex® cereal
- 8 ounces pecans
- Add vanilla extract to melted butter and stir; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a large bowl, combine cereals and pecans.
- Add butter and vanilla mixture to large bowl and stir.
- Add sugar and spice to large bowl and stir.
- Transfer to oven-safe dish.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Stir twice during baking.
- Cool on parchment-covered tray.
Recipe source: http://www.julieseatsandtreats.com/pumpkin-chex-mix-recipe
Chex Mix ® is the registered trademark of Gardetto’s Bakery, Inc. Bisk and Florida Tech are not associated with or sponsored by Gardetto’s Bakery, Inc.
Take the Next Steps
Get our free Florida Tech Online Program Guide or Visit the program pages.