December 29, 2014
We are committed to protecting your privacy. You have chosen to visit and/or do business with us, and we recognize our obligation to keep the information you provide secure and to inform you of our policies concerning its use. You can be sure that our commitment to protect your information will continue under the principles and online guidelines described below.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with any Bisk website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What information do we collect and when do we collect it?
When you visit our site, we may directly and through third-party service providers automatically log certain information about your visit including: the pages you visit while on our site; the address of a referring website, if any; the type of browser, device or hardware you are using; your IP address and general geographic information; and the date and time you accessed our site. Through use of third-party tools, we may also collection certain demographic information and information about interests from a portion of the visitors to our site. This information may link to personal data that you voluntarily provide to us which will allow us to serve interest-based ads and content.
Also, in certain areas of our website — such as when you place an order, request more information, download demo products, fill out a survey or enter a contest — you are required to enter personal contact information (name, mailing address, email address, phone number) that allows us to contact you and also financial information (credit card information) that allows us to process your order or contact you for future promotions. Should you abandon a form on our website, your information may still be collected and utilized for notices or communications pertaining to the site, products or services. If you choose not to provide personal information, you can still browse most of our website (the areas that do not require registration) anonymously. If you place a call to us, whether by landline or mobile device, we may also capture your phone number and any other information you provide during the call. This information may also be used to communicate with you about the site, products or services via phone, mail, email, social media or third party applications.
Why do we collect the information?
We collect information to process and fulfill your order, to notify you of your order status, to alert you to product upgrades, special offers, updated information and new services, and to help us understand our customers in order to create content and a web environment that is most relevant to you. We also use information, including information that is automatically collected, to understand more about our site visitors, to determine how users navigate our site, to improve site performance, to protect the security and integrity of our site and business, to identify and protect our systems from fraudulent activity and access, to provide advertising that may be of interest to our visitors, and to monitor legal compliance.
Consistent with relevant state and federal laws and regulations governing telemarketing, including but not limited to the Telemarketing Sales Rules (15 U.S.C. §§ 6101-6108 and 16 C.F.R. Part 310) and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (47 U.S.C. § 227 and 64 C.F.R. § 64.1200), by entering data you are providing your prior express written consent to be contacted at the number you provided (whether it is a landline or wireless number) by telephone, including by predictive dialer, manual dialing and/or by the use of prerecorded messages, with commercial offers from Bisk or the subsidiary, division or entity specified on the lead form.
Third-Party Advertising Partners
In addition to the information about your visits to our website, our service providers may also use the information about your visits to other websites to target advertisements for products and services available from us. Unless otherwise set forth herein, we do not provide any personal information to advertising service providers or third-party sites that display our interest-based ads across the Internet.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices for not having this information used by third-party service providers, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Opting out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted out will no longer remarket to you or deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
What about cookies?
Will Bisk disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
The contact information we collect, including through our websites, email communications with you or when you place a call to us, is used to improve the content of our website and to contact customers for marketing purposes. For example, based on the information you provide or that we collect, we may decide to inform you of existing Bisk products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. We may also use the collected information to help develop new products and services that we think customers may find helpful in the future. With the goal of bringing you greater convenience and more choices, we make portions of your contact information (never financial information) available to affiliated companies that offer products and services that you also may enjoy and/or benefit from using. We share information only for legitimate business purposes. For example, Bisk may share your personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, email marketing on Bisk’s behalf, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. In each case, we carefully review the company and the products and services offered to make sure that they provide value. If you do not wish to receive any or all such offers, please let us know by emailing us at any time at email@example.com. If you don’t want to receive printed materials, please also provide us with your exact name and address and we will be sure your name is removed from the data we share with our business partners.
Our website may display or work with social media features or features from third parties which are approved vendors of social media networks (collectively known as “features”). These features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. Many of these features are a part of our advertising and communications efforts. If you choose to use these features, they may collect information about your interactions with our site, which may then be used by social media networks for various purposes. Your interactions with those features and with social media networks are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
In order to comply with the Federal anti-spam laws effective January 1, 2004, we provide a suppression list of the e-mail addresses of those who ask to be removed from our distribution database to third party advertisers who provide e-mail marketing services to our company. We require all third party marketers to sign an agreement prohibiting them from using this data for any purpose other than sending out our marketing materials. It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Bisk to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations, employees or users.
Keeping customer information up-to-date
Keeping your account information accurate and up-to-date is very important. If you ever find that our records are incomplete, inaccurate or not current, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will correct the information as soon as possible.
We honor all requests to be removed from our marketing lists. If you do not want to receive e-mail, telephone messages or direct mail from Bisk, contact us at email@example.com and we will remove your name from our in-house list and add you to our marketing suppression list. You will also have an opportunity to add your phone number to our internal "Do Not Call" list during each telemarketing call answered. You will further have the ability to opt-out or manage certain advertising preferences through links provided in marketing and promotional e-mails you may receive. We honor all requests to be removed from our e-mailing lists within ten days, and update our suppression list every ten days. If you prefer to learn about new offers from Bisk through a specific medium — for example, through the mail — simply let us know your preference by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our physical address to send written opt-out requests is:
Attn: Internet List Services
9417 Princess Palm Avenue
Tampa, Florida, 33619
We are fully committed to complying with your wishes regarding receiving commercial e-mail messages from us and with the laws regarding unsolicited e-mail. If for any reason you receive a commercial message directly from us or on our behalf more than ten days after making a request to be taken off our mailing list, we would request that you forward a copy of the e-mail to email@example.com with a brief explanation of your efforts to unsubscribe and the approximate timeframe you made the request. We will immediately investigate the matter, confirm that you have been removed, and provide a written response to you detailing our efforts. Please note that requests to be removed from our direct mail list will be processed as soon as possible, but given the nature of direct mail it may be impossible to prevent a mailing that is being processed or underway from reaching you. If you receive multiple mailings from us after your request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our website may make chat rooms, forums, message boards and/or news groups, editorial content, and various social media channels (Complementary Forums) available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information.
Complementary Forums Terms of Service
- Description of Service: The Service is a web service. You will be responsible for all activities occurring under your username and for keeping your password, if any, secure. You understand and agree that the Service is provided to you on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis. Bisk disclaims all responsibility and liability for the availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Service. Bisk also reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Service with or without notice at any time and without any liability to you. Bisk reserves the right to refuse or limit access to the Service to anyone at any time without notice for any reason.
- Proper Use: You agree that you are responsible for your own use of the Service, for any posts you make, and for any consequences thereof. You agree that you will use the Service in compliance with all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations, including any laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from your country of residence and all United States export control laws. You also agree to abide by the following Content Policy:Content Policy: Our content policy plays an important role in maintaining the experience for you, the users. Please respect these guidelines. Users may not publish materials that contain: Pornography and/or obscenity, including materials that contain nudity, sexually graphic material, or material that is otherwise deemed explicit by Bisk; Hateful Content including material that promotes hate toward groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity; Violent Content, including material that contains direct threats of violence against any person or group of people; Private and Confidential Information, including the publishing of information, such as credit card numbers, Social Security Numbers, and driver’s and other license numbers.
Bisk reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to investigate your use of the Service in order to (a) determine whether a violation of the Agreements has occurred or (b) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- Content of the Service: Bisk takes no responsibility for third-party content (including, without limitation, any viruses or other disabling features), nor does Bisk have any obligation to monitor such third-party content. Bisk reserves the right at all times to remove or refuse to distribute any content on the Service, such as content which violates the terms of the Agreements. Bisk also reserves the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as it reasonably believes is necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) enforce the Agreements, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (d) respond to user support requests, or (e) protect the rights, property or safety of Bisk, its users and the public. Bisk will not be responsible or liable for the exercise or non-exercise of its rights under the Agreements. By its very nature, the Services may carry inaccurate or postings that have been mislabeled or are otherwise deceptive. We expect that you will use caution and common sense and exercise proper judgment when using the Service. Bisk does not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any communications posted via the Service or endorse any opinions expressed via the Service. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted via the Service will be at your own risk.
- Intellectual Property Rights: Bisk's Intellectual Property Rights. You acknowledge that Bisk owns all right, title and interest in and to the Service, including all intellectual property rights (the “Bisk Rights”) as protected by U.S. and international intellectual property laws. Accordingly, you agree that you will not copy, reproduce, alter, modify, or create derivative works from the Service. You also agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automated device, or manual process to monitor or copy any content from the Service. As described immediately below, Bisk Rights do not include third-party content appearing on the Service. Your Intellectual Property Rights. Bisk claims no ownership or control over any content submitted, posted or displayed by you on or through the Service. You or a third party licensor, as appropriate, retain all patent, trademark and copyright to any Content you submit, post or display on or through the Service and you are responsible for protecting those rights, as appropriate. By submitting, posting or displaying content on or through Bisk services which are intended to be available to the members of the public, you grant Bisk a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, publish and distribute such content. Bisk furthermore reserves the right to refuse to accept, post, display or transmit any content in its sole discretion.
- No Resale of the Service: No Resale of the Service: Unless expressly authorized in writing by Bisk, you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes (a) any portion of the Service, (b) use of the Service, or (c) access to the Service.
- Publicity: Any use of Bisk's trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features ("Brand Features"), must be in compliance with the Agreements.
Notice to parents
We do not knowingly solicit information from children (individuals under age 18). Likewise, we do not knowingly market to children. We recognize that protecting children’s identities and privacy online is important and that the responsibility to do so rests with both the online industry and with parents. We encourage you to talk to your children about safe and responsible use of their personal information while using the Internet.