Transfer credits will be considered for courses taken at a college or university that is regionally accredited in the United States. International institutions must be recognized as degree-granting by their country’s educational governing authority.
For a class to be eligible for transfer, a grade of at least C- or the equivalent must have been achieved in undergraduate classes and a grade of at least B- or the equivalent must have been achieved in graduate classes. Courses are also compared to those taught at Florida Tech to ensure you are prepared to succeed in your coursework.
Additionally, the following types of credit may be evaluated for transfer:
- College Board Advanced Placement (AP): when scores of 4 or 5 are received and for courses in the Florida Tech catalog
- College-Level Examination Program (CLEP): for subject examinations only when the minimum score is above or equal to the recommended percentile as published by the American Council on Education (ACE) and based on Florida Tech transfer credit policy
- International Examinations: credit awarded for a C or better for the British GCE examinations at the advanced level (A-level) or the Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examinations (CAPE) when two units are completed. Credit also awarded for grades of 4 or higher in the International Baccalaureate (IB) program for higher-level exams and certain standard-level exams for IB diploma holders.
Transfer hours are evaluated in the date order received after admission.
Graduate students must request transfer hours through their enrollment services representative after being admitted to their degree program.
Joint Service Transcripts (JST) will be reviewed for those courses listed only in the Military Courses section.
Credit is considered for Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) and CLEP subject area exams through DANTES. ACE recommendation and Florida Tech transfer credit policy will determine how credit is awarded. The relevant academic department will determine how the transfer credit applies to the student’s program.
Florida Tech awards academic credit to students who have a valid and current pilots license as well as students who have earned an Aviation Maintenance Technician Certificate from the FAA, or other aviation governing body.
Licenses/Certificates Considered for Credit:
- Private, Commercial or Instrument Pilots License
- General, Airframe or Powerplant Aviation Mechanics Certificate
For more information pertaining to the transfer credit process, please chat with or call an enrollment services representative at 1-855-300-1469.