The U.S. Department of Education requires that we report and disclose certain information about our school programs in a clear, prominent, user-friendly, and easily understood manner. The intent of the requirement is to enable students to make an informed choice about a program of study. To this end, we have developed documents containing the following information:
- Salary Data: Prospective students are encouraged to conduct research to determine actual earning potential as it may vary depending on location, level of education, and experience.
- Job Outlook Data: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics profession or industry growth projections are based on nationwide data from a given time. Prospective students are encouraged to conduct independent research regarding local job growth rates as they may vary from the national average.
- 9 out of 10 Florida Tech Students Who Apply Qualify for Some Type of Aid: Based on an internal survey from Fall 2016 by our Office of Enrollment Management, we found that over 90% of all financial aid applications submitted by Florida Tech students (online and main-campus) qualified for some type of aid.
- Suggested Careers: Careers suggested in association with specific degrees throughout the website are not intended to imply any guarantee of employment or qualifications for specific positions. As with all employment decisions, the requirements for a specific career may vary depending on any number of factors including but not limited to employer, location, level of education, and experience.
- Course Specific Information: The course description, objectives and learning outcomes are subject to change without notice based on enhancements made to the course. Current information is as of the most recent version of the catalog.
- Military and Veteran Education Assistance Information: Information provided as to the availability and eligibility for military or veteran education assistance programs is for general informational use only. Please check with your Education Services Officer or local Veterans Affairs Representative for eligibility, benefit amount and application processes specific to your situation.
- Your Tuition Could Be $0: Active Duty U.S. Military Servicemembers who are eligible to utilize their military educational benefits may combine Active Duty Military Tuition Assistance with a number of other education benefits programs (such as their GI Bill or other service related programs) to offset their tuition costs with special military appreciation tuition rates of $250 per credit hour.
- Alternative Loans Lenders List: Any lender information provided on our website is provided for the benefit of the prospective borrower. Inclusion in the list does not imply endorsement nor preference of any kind from Florida Tech. Each prospective borrower is encouraged to do research on the lender and program that best fits his or her specific situation and goals.
- International Student Credentials: Florida Tech does not provide any kind of assistance in obtaining student visas or in translating documents for online students.
- Acceptance Process: The Quick Apply process allows Florida Tech students to register for up to two 8-week terms while completing the admissions process, but should not be misinterpreted as acceptance prior to notification by the Office of Admissions. To be officially admitted all documents and transcripts must be reviewed and approved. A formal letter of admission will be sent to your Florida Tech email account. Please note that individual situations vary and your enrollment representative can confirm where you are at in the process.
- Non-Discrimination Policy: Florida Institute of Technology does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, Vietnam-era veterans status or any other discrimination prohibited by law in the admission of students, administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment policies, and athletic or other university sponsored programs or activities.
- University Policies: University policies are subject to change. Please consult the official Florida Institute of Technology catalog for up-to-date information.