Whether you’re searching for a sweet treat or breakfast on-the-go, these healthy banana chip energy bites will do the trick! Packed with energy, the hardest thing about making these is trying not to eat them all once they’re done! Combining almond butter and maple syrup makes a sweet flavor that is enhanced by notes of cinnamon and vanilla. The oats, flaxseed and chia seeds create texture and help soak up the moist mashed banana. Add chocolate chips and the final result is a bite reminiscent of cookie dough but much healthier.
In our Study Snacks series, we’re highlighting recipes that can help you power through your homework. Healthy banana chip energy bites are the perfect bite-sized snack to help you keep studying!
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup chocolate chipsCreates about 20 energy bites
1. Add mashed banana, almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract to a bowl and stir, mixing well.
2. Add rolled oats, ground flaxseed, ground cinnamon and chia seeds and stir.
3. Add chocolate chips and stir.
4. Chill until firm, about 2-3 hours.
5. Using ice cream scooper, form balls and place on a metal baking sheet.
6. Refrigerate overnight.