Maybe you’ve had a long week of late nights studying after finishing your shift. Or perhaps you’ve been balancing watching the kids with watching lecture videos. Either way, you deserve a reward for all of your hard work! Treat yourself to one (or three) of these delectable caramel toffee brownies. A rich chocolate brownie, covered in creamy chocolate frosting and topped with sticky caramel and crunchy toffee, these treats are sure to put a smile on your face.
In our Study Snacks series, we’re highlighting recipes that can help you power through your homework. These caramel toffee brownies will motivate you to finish that discussion board post!
- 2 sticks melted butter
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp softened butter
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-5 tbsp milk
- Caramel drizzle
- Crushed toffee
Part One – Create Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In one bowl, blend together wet ingredients until smooth: melted butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients: cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and blend.
- Pour mix into greased 13 x 9 pan and smooth out.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Part Two – Create Icing
- Blend softened butter, cocoa powder, light corn syrup and vanilla extract.
- Add powdered sugar and blend.
- Add 2-5 tbsp of milk to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Spread frosting on top of cooled brownies.
- Top with caramel drizzle and crushed toffee.
Tip: Go nuts with your toppings! Feel free to try new combos, like dried cranberries with sugared walnuts, or peanut butter drizzle and crushed peanuts.