Looking for a sweet treat that’s not loaded with calories? These chocolate-covered banana-sicles taste like ice cream bars, but are much healthier. They’re also very easy to make! Just dip frozen bananas in melted chocolate, then top with chopped nuts or frozen raspberries. The result is a yummy frozen treat that kids of all ages will love.
In our Study Snacks series, we’re highlighting recipes that can help you power through your homework. Try these banana-sicles as a fun snack between assignments or a delicious dessert after the work is done!
- 4 bananas, peeled and cut in half
- 8 popsicle sticks
- 8 oz. chocolate chips
- Chopped nuts
- Frozen raspberries
- Place prepared bananas on a baking sheet and insert popsicle sticks down the middle.
- Freeze for two hours.
- Melt chocolate chips and stir until smooth.
- Dip frozen bananas into chocolate.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts or frozen raspberries.
Tip: Try dipping in dark chocolate, white chocolate, peanut butter or butterscotch instead of milk chocolate, and substitute coconut flakes, caramel drizzle, strawberries or pumpkin seeds as toppings. These are just a few ideas – the possibilities are endless!