Breakfast has long been represented as the most important meal of the day, but what you eat is potentially more important than if you eat anything at all, according to obesity researcher David Ludwig. A protein-rich breakfast, such as eggs, can help you be satisfied longer than something loaded with carbs. These egg muffin cups, filled with broccoli, ham and cheese, fit the bill. Easy to make and easy to take, these savory, handheld snacks are an egg-cellent way to start your day!
In our Study Snacks series, we’re highlighting recipes that can help power you through your homework. Whether you’re looking for a breakfast that’ll last you through lunch or a more satisfying snack to bridge the gap between study time and dinner, egg muffin cups have got you covered.
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Grease a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray
3. Crack the eggs into a large bowl.
4. Add dry mustard, salt and pepper
5. Lightly whisk all eggs and spices.
6. Evenly distribute broccoli and ham into muffin cups.
7. Add shredded cheese to muffin cups.
8. Pour egg mixture evenly into muffin cups.
9. Poke with a butter knife to even out egg mixture with solid food.
10. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until eggs are set and lightly golden brown.
Take the Next Steps
Get our free Florida Tech Online Program Guide or Visit the program pages.