While we may not feel the crisp fall air in Florida, you may be experiencing some beautiful weather wherever you are! Regardless of how “Fall” your weather is, these pumpkin cheesecake muffins are sure to help you taste the autumn season. With the trifecta of spices that create that “pumpkin spice” flavor and creamy cheesecake goodness on top, these pumpkin cheesecake muffins are sure to put you in the mood for Fall.
In our Study Snacks series, we’re highlighting recipes that can help you power through your homework. These pumpkin muffins are great for a grab-and-go breakfast or as a way to treat yourself after finishing an assignment.
Pumpkin muffin mixture
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ egg (beat one egg and use half the mixture)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line 12-muffin tin with liners.
- Whisk pumpkin puree, eggs, sugar and canola oil in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin spice and mix with a rubber spatula until well-incorporated.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine cream cheese, ½ beaten egg mixture and sugar with a whisk until creamy and smooth.
- Portion the pumpkin batter into the 12 muffin cups.
- Add one heaping tablespoon of the cheesecake mixture to the top of each muffin cup and smooth over to cover the pumpkin batter
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Insert a toothpick and, if it comes out clean, they’re done.
- Let muffins cool for ten minutes before removing from the muffin pan. Enjoy!
Recipe source: https://thebusybaker.ca/pumpkin-cheesecake-swirl-muffins/
Note: For a special swirled look, use a toothpick to swirl the cream cheese mixture into the pumpkin batter!