The trick-or-treaters are finished, the costumes are off, the decorations are down and the pumpkins are gone, yet some Halloween candy remains. After stealing snacks from the candy bowl all last night, enjoying just one mini-candy bar at a time has lost its allure. Instead of letting that leftover candy remain in your pantry until next Halloween, try our spooky bark recipe! It combines all your favorite leftover candies into one tantalizing treat.
In our Study Snacks series, we’re highlighting recipes that can help you power through your homework. This devilishly delicious chocolate candy bark is a great way to maintain your sugar high from last night while you return to studying. Watch the fun video below!
- 3 cups of bittersweet chocolate
- 2 cups of assorted candy cut into bite-sized pieces
- Optional toppings: candy eyeballs, gummy eyeballs, chopped nuts
- Melt chocolate in the microwave.
- Pour chocolate onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper, using a spatula to create a smooth layer about ¼-inch thick.
- Add candy; start with larger pieces and press down, then add other pieces accordingly.
- Chill to set.
Recipe source: http://www.justataste.com/halloween-candy-bark/