In 2017, Florida Tech earned global recognition by claiming a spot in the top 1,000 of more than 27,700 colleges and universities worldwide.
Florida Tech’s quality of education, faculty criteria and alumni employment helped the university rank No. 728 in the 2017 World University Rankings, placing within the top 3% of the list.
The new honor follows several recent rankings for the university, including:
- Tier 1 Best National University by U.S. News & World Report
- Top Private School in Florida and No. 322 in America’s Top Colleges list by Forbes
- Top Technical Institute by 2017 Fiske Guide to Colleges
- Top 8% for ROI in a 2017 PayScale Report
By earning this most recent ranking in the 2017 World University Rankings, Florida Tech joins other internationally known higher education institutions in the top 3%, including Harvard University, UCLA and MIT.
Eight criteria were used to determine rankings without relying on surveys and university data submissions.
- Quality of Education – 25%
- Measured by the number of alumni who have won major international awards, prizes and medals relative to the university’s size
- Alumni Employment – 25%
- Measured by the number of alumni who have held CEO positions at the world’s top companies’ relative to the university’s size
- Quality of Faculty – 25%
- Measured by the number of academics who have won major international awards, prizes and medals
- Publications – 5%
- Measured by the number of research papers appearing in reputable journals
- Influence – 5%
- Measured by the number of research papers appearing in highly-influential journals
- Citations – 5%
- Measured by the number of highly-cited research papers
- Broad Impact – 5%
- Measured by the university’s h-index, which tabulates the number of scholarly papers generated by faculty and the citations of those papers
- Patents – 5%
- Measured by the number of international patent filings
Florida Tech is a regionally accredited university offering degree programs on campus and online. Students from anywhere can earn an associate’s, bachelor’s, MBA and master’s degree in a variety of industries, including business, cybersecurity, criminal justice, psychology, aviation management and project management.