Do you want to taste the flavors of holidays in one cup? Try this peppermint mocha mug cake recipe. The deep, rich chocolate flavor is lifted by the freshness of the peppermint and the bitterness of the espresso, creating a decadent treat.
In our Study Snacks series, we’re highlighting recipes that can help motivate you through your homework. This pint-sized cake packs a punch in flavor and can empower you to finish your assignments!
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1-2 teaspoons instant espresso or coffee (depending on how strong you want it)
- 1 tablespoon oil (canola, coconut, olive, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- In the mug, mix the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and instant coffee/espresso until there are no clumps.
- One at a time, add the oil, milk and peppermint extract and combine. The mixture should have the consistency of brownie batter. If it’s too dry, add more milk. If it’s too wet, add more flour.
- Place your mug in the microwave and microwave in 45-second increments. Once it starts to rise, check with a toothpick to determine if it’s done.