The Many Benefits of Online Associate’s Degrees
The global recession forced many companies to shut their doors or resort to massive layoffs, making competition for available jobs much tighter. In addition, the number of positions requiring a college degree is steadily on the rise. If you’re wondering how you’ll compete, now’s the time to augment your talents, skills and credentials. If you don’t have a college degree, consider this: Studies show it would be to your advantage to earn one.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics:
The median annual salary for associate’s degree holders was nearly 64% higher than those with only a high school diploma, as of May 2012.
Increased Job Security
Associate’s degree holders were less likely to be unemployed compared to those with only a high school diploma, as of 2013.
Greater Job Potential
The White House states that earning a post-secondary degree or credential is a “prerequisite for the growing jobs of the new economy” and that “of the 30 fastest growing occupations, more than half require postsecondary education.”
Higher education is valued by many employers because it represents a certain level of knowledge, discipline and dedication. As an associate’s degree holder, you’ll likely be a stronger candidate for jobs and promotions in a wider variety of career paths. Florida Tech offers online associate’s degrees in numerous disciplines:
- AA Accounting: If you are detail-oriented and possess a love of numbers, you should consider this growing field. Job opportunities include financial data analyst, junior staff accountant, payroll administrator and audit associate.
- AA Business Administration: This degree provides an introduction to core business concepts that are helpful in a wide variety of careers, including office manager, county clerk supervisor and administrative manager.
- AA Criminal Justice: For the many career paths available in the criminal justice field, having more than just a high school diploma can make you a more competitive candidate.
- AA Healthcare Management: Healthcare is one of today’s fastest-growing industries. Risk manager, case coordinator, medical administrator and office manager are just a few of the positions you can pursue with an associate’s degree in healthcare management.
- AA Liberal Arts: A solid liberal arts foundation can provide a well-rounded education as well as an advantage in the job market.
- AA Marketing: Marketing is a competitive field, so having a formal education is important to employers. An AA can open doors to many positions, including account manager, junior marketing associate, product marketing manager and merchandiser.
- AS Computer Information Systems: Application systems analyst, SQL developer, SEO marketing specialist and field support analyst are a sample of the numerous careers you may enter upon completing this degree.
Flexibility and Convenience
Today’s flexible and convenient online classroom offers 24/7 access so you can attend class when it works for you. Florida Tech’s online associate’s degrees require no on-campus attendance and no specific logon times. Watch streaming and downloadable video lectures at your own pace, or download MP3 lectures to a mobile device and listen anytime.
Get an Excellent Start on a Bachelor’s Degree
Many associate’s degree graduates choose to extend their education with a bachelor’s degree from Florida Tech. Online associate’s degrees from regionally accredited universities are solid educational foundations and depending on the bachelor’s degree program you choose, many of the credits earned in an associate’s degree program will transfer to a bachelor’s degree program.
Why Florida Tech?
Completing an online undergraduate degree requires a significant commitment. You want to be sure your time and effort is well spent earning a degree that will be respected in your industry and valued by potential employers. Florida Tech is a traditional, regionally accredited university known for quality academics, faculty and alumni.