The Many Benefits of Online Associate’s Degrees
The number of positions requiring a college degree is steadily on the rise. According to a report by Georgetown University, by 2020, 65% of all positions will require postsecondary education and training beyond high school. 30% of job openings will require an associate’s degree or some college.
Individuals who hold an associate’s degree are less likely to be unemployed, compared to those with only a high school diploma, as of 2017, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Additionally, associate degree graduates earn more as well.
The median annual salary for associate’s degree holders was over 17% higher than those with only a high school diploma, as of May 2017.
Greater Job Potential
The White House states that earning a post-secondary degree or credential is a “prerequisite for the growing jobs of the new economy” and that “of the 30 fastest growing occupations, more than half require postsecondary education.”
Higher education is valued by many employers because it represents a certain level of knowledge, discipline and dedication. As an associate’s degree holder, you’ll likely be a stronger candidate for jobs and promotions in a wider variety of career paths. Florida Tech offers online associate’s degrees in numerous disciplines:
- AA Accounting: If you are detail-oriented and possess a love of numbers, you should consider this growing field. Job opportunities include financial data analyst, junior staff accountant, payroll administratorand audit associate.
- AA Applied Psychology: This program will expose you to a variety of general and concentrated subsets in psychology and sociology. Potential careers in this field include rehabilitation assistant, benefits coordinator and child care provider.
- AA Aviation Management: Our career-oriented curriculum will examine business basics within the aviation industry and provide knowledge for individuals to pursue careers such as airport operations manager orairport planner.
- AA Business Administration: This degree provides an introduction to core business concepts that are helpful in a wide variety of careers, including office manager,
- AA Criminal Justice: For the many career paths available in the criminal justice field, having more than just a high school diploma can make you a more competitive candidate for a variety of roles including police officer, crime scene investigator and probation officer.
- AA Healthcare Management: Healthcare is one of today’s fastest-growing industries. Risk manager, case coordinator, medical administrator and office manager are just a few of the positions you can pursue with an associate’s degree in healthcare management.
- AA Liberal Arts: A solid liberal arts foundation can provide a well-rounded education as well as an advantage in the job market for a variety of roles from human resources coordinator to administrative manager.
- AA Management: Our program will provide you with an overview of business with an emphasis on introductory approaches to management as well as information about human resources, marketing and economics. Career paths for those who hold an AA in Management include operations manager, office manager and retail manager.
- AA Marketing: Marketing is a competitive field, so having a formal education is important to employers. An AA can open doors to many positions, including account manager, junior marketing associate, product marketing manager and merchandiser.
- AS Computer Information Systems: Application systems analyst, SQL developer, and field support analyst are a sample of the numerous careers you may enter upon completing this degree.
Flexibility and Convenience
Today’s flexible and convenient online classroom offers 24/7 access so you can attend class when it works for you. Florida Tech’s online associate’s degrees require no on-campus attendance and no specific login times. The online learning experience through Florida Tech features interactive lectures, videos and discussion boards and chat rooms that allow you to connect with your fellow students and faculty members.
Get an Excellent Start on a Bachelor’s Degree
Many associate’s degree graduates choose to extend their education with a bachelor’s degree from Florida Tech. Online associate’s degrees from regionally accredited universities are solid educational foundations and depending on the bachelor’s degree program you choose, many of the credits earned in an associate’s degree program will transfer to a bachelor’s degree program.
Why Florida Tech?
Completing an online undergraduate degree requires a significant commitment. You want to be sure your time and effort is well spent earning a degree that will be respected in your industry and valued by potential employers.
Florida Tech is a traditional, non-profit, regionally accredited university that has received numerous accolades including:
- Tier 1 Best University by U.S. News & World Report
- Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked by Forbes among America’s Top Colleges
“My degree has already made a difference in my life. With the knowledge and everything I’ve learned from Florida Tech, it helped with my communication, it helped with my writing skills, it helped with everything, honestly.” –Brittany Lundquist, AA Criminal Justice
Florida Institute of Technology is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, master’s, education specialist and doctoral degrees.